Meet our Leaders
From being a generational farmer to being called to the Lord's Harvest Field, Barry's apostolic anointing sees him operate in the equipping of ministers in the Promise Faith Centre Churches across Africa and in the Tent of Promise in Australia. With a strong gift of Faith, anointing to heal the sick and set the captives free, Barry has a strong grace in rightly dividing the Word of God.
Receiving the prophetic word for the ministry, "Australia First", Sandra has been pivotal in the foundation of the Tent of Promise and it's longstanding work across Australia. With a beautiful teaching grace, Sandra ministers strongly to women from all walks of life.
Road Team Leader
With a passionate teaching and apostolic call, David burns brightly in firing up the church and has a great love for evangelism, apologetics and the Word of God. Walking in discernment and the anointing to set the captives free, David is 100% sold out for Christ. Let him loose in the Bible Panorama and he'll minister in there for hours!
Road Team Leader
In teaching, prophetic and the apostolic, Kristen's gifting strongly challenges people to move from everyday Christian to empowered and victorious Christian, who can then fulfill the purpose God has for them. Operating in the gifts of the Holy Spirit she has seen many times when God has intersected & changed the course of people's lives & circumstances.
Raised a Methodist farmer, prior to the Tent of Promise Inc, Barry Cunnington was 11 years a part of the Gold Coast Christian Ministers Association and coordinator of the Gold Coast Easter Family Festival outreach over Easter from 1993 to 1998 which encompassed 29 local churches, through Surf City AOG. Barry organized the Annual March for Jesus, Awakening event.
Barry is still a member of the Toowoomba Ministers Association, the Lockyer Valley Ministers Association and a part of the Combined Churches of Tweed Heads.
Both Barry and Sandra are registered with ACM in Australia and Barry was consecrated Bishop with THEICCC.ORG, as overseer of the Promise Faith Centre Churches International, planted by the Tent of Promise Inc. in 15 African countries.
Reverends David & Kristen are ordained through The ICCC network and have been with the Tent of Promise since 2005 and worked as Church Assistant Pastors from 2006 to 2014. They lead the team outreaches under the oversight of Bishop Barry & Sandra Cunnington.
In 2023 The Tent of Promise Inc., Barry & Sandra and Kristen & David registered with the CrossLink Network.
The Tent of Promise remains non-denominational so as to work across denominational boundaries.
What We Believe
- We are an evangelistic and apostolic inter-denominational ministry, that helps us work with all Bible-believing denominations.
- Our team are from Churches of all flavours, and we have a heart to see greater unity in the body of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the bible is inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in creation according to the bible
- We believe that salvation of the lost and sinful man, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe the deity of Jesus of Nazareth, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in Power and Glory.
- We believe in the return of the Lord Jesus Christ who will reward everyone according to the gospel.
- We believe the resurrection of both saved and lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe that faith comes from hearing, and hearing from the Word of God.
- We believe that faith without works is dead.
- We believe in giving, and that true religion is caring for orphans and widows and being wholly separated to God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is still active today and works with the believer to save, heal and deliver.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. We believe the Holy Spirit is the teacher of truth.
- We believe the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for the body of Christ and He demonstrates the Word preached with signs, miracles and wonders
- We believe in divine healing and that the Lord Jesus Christ is The Healer. We believe that by the stripes of Jesus we are healed.